1. There is a hole in the trigger guard that gives access to two screws. What actually do they do? I sorta think the front one controls trigger overtravel, and the rear one weight of pull but I don't want to mess with them until I know..
2. There is a mysterious rectangular hole in the bottom of the receiver forward of the trigger guard. It has a piece of metal in it with a small hole, possibly for adjustment. The metal strip is marked 0.5. What gives here?
3. There is a rod that comes out of the rear of the receiver backwards to the rear sight leaf. The rod has holes, possibly so a pin can be inserted and twisted. What's this for and what does it do?
4. The action is pretty stiff and needs to be dusted, cleaned and lubed. Any places I should oil, and any I shouldn't oil? Any special lube needed somewhere in the mechanism?
5. The grips are the enveloping kind and have a base plate that can be moved to support the bottom of the hand. The grips and the support are too small for my paw and I need to get more room to grip it properly. Is there anyone who does this sort of wood work on these grips?
Any help gratefully appreciated.